Milimos Saga – The Reincarnation Chronicle of the Youngest Prince. C180


Episode 180: Where the rudder of the Nonette country is headed

As soon as I entered the throne room, King Cholex immediately spoke up. 



"I had a meeting with the first consul of the Funseroa Empire."

"Yes. It seems that the Empire wants to make Nonette Country the third major power."



In response to my answer, King Chorex looked like he was suffering from a headache. 



"A powerful country called the Empire is helping our country expand its territory. As a country, I should probably welcome it..."



Judging from his unsatisfied tone, this must be a nuisance to King Chorex, who originally had no ambitions to expand his country. 

To be honest, I don't have any particular national ambitions either, and war is a punishment, so I don't want to respond to the empire's demands. 



"No matter what the Empire says, the only adjacent territory is now Imperial territory. Shouldn't we simply dismiss it as unfeasible?"

“However, I can’t say that.”

“Is that so?”

"Because the Empire is planning to open a hole in the mountain range to the left of our country that leads to another country."

"Then, if we delay that plan..."

"No. It's not opened from the Nonette country side. It's the other way around."



Just as I was wondering about King Chorex's response, I realized it belatedly. 

In other words, the Empire will be working on a country that is located across the mountain range from Nonette Country, and will induce that country to invade Nonette Country. 

Then, the Nonette country would be able to attack and defeat the country with the righteous excuse of counterattacking the invasion. 



“If Lord Funseroia said that to King Chorex, it would be better to think that he has already put it into action.”

"Probably not. That's why my worries are so deep."



If the plan is already in motion, the only way for Nonette country to survive is to ride it out. 

Feeling depressed about what's to come, I sigh. King Chorex's face has also become dull. 

Meanwhile, only the prime minister, Duke Avkoro, had a normal expression - no, he had a face that had gone beyond being shocked and had become normal. 



"If we don't fulfill the empire's wishes, the Nonette country will perish. There's no use worrying about it. If you're worried about the same thing, wouldn't it be better to use all your wisdom to win the next war? ”

“It makes sense, but there is only one way I can take to win the war.”



King Chorex's gaze falls on me again. 

I have a bad feeling about something. 

However, I was at a loss as to what to say to stop King Chorex from speaking, and the conversation moved forward. 



"Mirimos. I appoint you as the 'royal agent'."



I parrot the question at the unfamiliar word. 



“…What is a royal agent?”

"In other words, it's someone who can exercise the king's rights on behalf of the king. You can think of him as having the same authority as the prime minister or the crown prince."

“That’s it!”



I was surprised and tried to protest, but King Cholex stopped me. 



"In our country, Milimos is the only person who can lead a war and win. In order to make full use of his skills, it is best to have him make full use of his royal power."

“Originally, it would be best to name him the Crown Prince, but since there are two princes above Prince Milimos who have the right to succeed, please think of this as a measure to avoid confusion.”



There was a point in Duke Avkoro's supplementary explanation that finally struck me. 



“If there are two of you, could it be that older brother Sarcasimo has the right to inherit the throne?”

"Because of this incident, I have been deprived. According to custom, I will be reduced to the status of a civilian - that was supposed to be the case."

“Is there a problem?”

"Spisk Nomeratspeik is the child of an imperial aristocrat. The empire has warned us what to do if we drop him to a commoner."



From the Empire's point of view, it would be humiliating for a member of a family with precious blood to be reduced to a commoner from a small country. 



“But there is no greater punishment than that, right?”

“The Empire says you can either die defending your honor as a noble, or transfer to the Empire.”

“That goes with Salkajimo, right?”

"Of course. It seems that if Sarcasimo decides to move to the empire, he will become a low-class noble of the empire."



Although he is low class, he is an imperial aristocrat. It feels like he could have a better life than being the prince of a small country. 

If I had to choose between suicide, the answer would be obvious. 



“Then, in exchange for giving up Sister-in-law Spisuk and Brother Salkajimo, will both Sisters Gang-tae and Karino return to Japan?”

"No. Salkajimo will no longer be part of our country's royal family. Gangte and Karino will remain as hostages."

“The hostages from the Empire will no longer be here, right?”

"There is no problem with that. Two children and children of imperial aristocrats are coming to my royal castle to learn how to behave."



I was surprised that he had accepted that offer. 



"Even though it's a small country, it's the political center. I can't believe they're going to put something that has the influence of an empire in there."

"Hahahaha. Milimos has nothing to worry about. Hey, Duke Avkoro."

"That's right. There aren't many things that should be kept secret in such a small mountain country. Milimos holds all the important parts."



To summarize Duke Avkoro's strange phrase, it means that I don't have to tell King Cholex about the business I'm working on or the secrets I have from now on. 



"Ah, that's why we're talking about appointing him as a representative of the royal power."



Is it possible to treat my decision as King Chorex's decision and morally, so that I can keep the empire from seeing what I'm doing? 

When I finally saw the whole story, King Chorex seemed a little apologetic. 



"It will take a lot of effort to make Milimos, but this is also for the sake of the country. I hope you will do your best."

"Well, it was because of Milimos's activities that the Empire noticed us in the first place. Don't you feel tense when you think about taking responsibility for that?"



To Duke Avkoro's barbed words, I could only smile bitterly, unable to formulate a response. 











At the request of Funceloa and with the approval of King Chorex, the country of Nonette aims to become the third great power. 

Two years have already passed since that decision. 



“There will never be a war!”



I was in my office in a castle in the Roccia region, and after finishing my paperwork as usual, I cried out. 

Comments