My Reincarnation Skills Are “Playing With Dolls” and “Playing With Clay”, but What Am I Supposed to Do With These? C213
Episode 213: Large Bath of the Remurus Empire
Eva was wonderful.
I was a DT only 8 months ago, so it felt like I had been sent to an unexperienced zone, heaven.
Everyone seemed to be inspired by that, and when I noticed it, what? Is this Maggie's dangerous medicine? The smell made me dizzy. Apparently someone had given Maggie an aphrodisiac and brought it in...
Thanks to you, we have become good friends.
Eva seemed to be shy at first, but before she knew it, she started chatting with the three of them and started having fun talking with the girls.
***********************
Then, they rode their horses at a comfortable pace, took up lodging in a town along the highway without camping, and arrived at the imperial capital Lemuria on the afternoon of the 8th, 5 days later.
"It's big."
"Really...this is my first time seeing it, but even though it's called the capital, it's on a different scale from Gallipoli."
Nolte and Eva let out exclamations.
The imperial capital Lemuria is a huge city with a population of over 1 million people. However, there are no castle walls surrounding the entire area.
Perhaps it is unrealistic to build a wall that would envelop such a vast city, or perhaps they are confident that even if the heart of the empire is not surrounded by a wall, it will not be threatened by external enemies. I wonder if it's a manifestation.
When the road reached the top of the last hill, there was a panoramic view of the metropolis that seemed to stretch all the way to the horizon.
In what appears to be the center, a huge oval stone structure can be seen.
"That's the famous Great Arena...and over there is the Imperial Auditorium, and the public sanitary baths, the so-called Lemulus baths."
Everyone stopped their horses and their eyes lit up at Lucien's explanation.
“Lemulus bath?”
It's one of the destinations I've always wanted to visit when I come to Lemulus.
"Just to clarify, it's not a mixed bath, right?"
I was stabbed with a nail. Damn... it's a shame, but it will eventually come true with my own hands.
Although I was able to pass through the checkpoint on the highway easily, it took some time because there were so many people passing by.
The city area is also crowded, and even if you're riding a horse, you can only move at walking speed.
So, I decided to get a lodging early and leave my horse there.
Maybe it's because there are many people who think like us, but not long after leaving the checkpoint, I noticed a number of inns lined up to attract customers.
"Can Lucien and Nolte come and check on me? I'm looking at the horses."
"Yes, Nolte, let's go."
If you ask Lucien and his friends, who can tell that they are elves from their appearance, about the availability of the room, they will know that the demi-humans are not uncomfortable.
The two soon returned calmly.
"It's okay, it doesn't seem too bad, but the third one over there allows five people to stay in one room."
For the time being, I was relieved that discrimination against demi-humans didn't seem to be widespread in Remurus.
It was a three-story brown brick inn, relatively small among the inns lined up.
There is a signboard that says "Gladiator's Peaceful Inn". The name may be intimidating, but once you step inside, it feels like home.
However, there are many paintings on the wall that seem to depict combat sports or chariot races. I wonder if the owner of the inn likes it.
After leaving my luggage in the room where I left my horse and locking the door, I asked the lady at the reception desk about the Lemulus bath, and found out that cloths for wiping yourself and bathing clothes are sold at the bathhouse, so you only need to go there with your own clothes. , he said.
However, although it looked close when viewed from the top of the hill, it seems that it takes more than 30 minutes to actually walk from here, and many people use the city's shared carriages.
That said, the roads are crowded and it seems that the time doesn't change whether you take a horse-drawn carriage or walk, so it's just easier.
As an adventurer party, we should probably just walk here. If there's a store you're interested in, you can check it out...
I don't think I would have believed it if I had told this to myself when I was a hikikomori, but in addition to being quite used to moving my body in this world, I now also have HP recovery skills.
**********************
It turned out to be a shopping tour, so it took us about an hour to get to the Lemulus bath, but it was one of the popular spots and very crowded.
A line forms in front of the dome-shaped stone building.
The bathing fee seems to be only one copper coin per person.
It's about 400 yen, so it's really a public bath. The reason water is so cheap in a world where water is so precious is because it is subsidized by government budgets in order to maintain public health and prevent infectious diseases. It's going quite well.
Thanks to this, many common people who are not very wealthy use it, but apparently the rules here are that ``everyone is equal in the baths, and no one should talk about their social status.''
Other countries seem to think that Remurus is a military powerhouse and quite conservative, but I find that it's surprisingly enlightened, and I like this aspect of it.
Unfortunately, I have to say goodbye to these beautiful girls.
Is it okay with just the girls? I'm worried.
No, of course there is no problem in terms of ability.
Eva has already reached level 6, and Lina, who cleverly became life-sized and made me pay a copper coin, said, ``I want to take a bath,'' and as a result of the battle with the difficult enemy in Garis, she became a magical warrior. LV13, Monk is LV16, Scout is also up to LV10.
With this, even if there's a monster full of tentacles lurking in the bathwater, you won't be left behind. I just don't want to miss being tangled up in tentacles...
“I heard that there is a rest area and large dining room for men and women in the back of the bathhouse, so is it okay if we go there in an hour?”
Lucien pointed towards the back of the building, ignoring my pleasant delusions.
In the imperial capital, a bell rings every half hour, and this public bathhouse is equipped with several sundials and a type of water clock called a ticking clock, so you can tell the approximate time.
So, feeling sorry for what was left of me, I grabbed the set of bathing suits and towels I had bought with another copper coin, and went to the men's changing room. I headed to
There are people ranging from grandfathers to toddlers. It's a super public bath.
It's easy for a man to wear bathing clothes since it's just shorts.
When I entered the steamy bathhouse, I saw in front of me a stream of hot water falling from above like a waterfall, and a large bath that looked like a 25-meter pool.
There were probably over 100 male customers as far as the eye could see.
The water seems to be getting deeper and deeper from the edge, and looking at the people inside, it feels like it's deeper than a normal bath, but shallower for a pool.
When I entered the room after bathing, the water temperature was more like a heated pool than a bath.
There aren't any waterslides, but the kids run around splashing water around the shallow edge, screaming loudly and screaming at the echoes, only to be scolded by their fathers.
What can I say, it's easy-going.
I stretched out my body for a while, relaxing my butt that wanted to keep swinging on the horse, and the gods painted on the ceiling? I look at pictures of.
Hmm, paradise.
It's a bath after all. It's essential to Nipponjin's happiness.
I got out of the bath after relaxing and walked to what looked like a washing area where lukewarm water was flowing. I found an empty spot, so I washed myself thoroughly.
It's been about half a year since I've had a proper bath since I used it at Gen-san's.
Is it good for soap? There was something like mud in a wooden container, and when I looked around, I saw that it was being applied to the body and then wiped with a cloth soaked in hot water.
"Are you from another country?"
When I turned around, there was a man around my age washing in the washing area next to me.
The only thing that is about the same is the year.
He is a tall, refreshingly handsome guy with blonde hair. This guy is definitely real. I don't think we can become friends.
"Excuse me, I thought you were from the East because of your hair color and facial features? That activated mud removes sweat and dirt well, so there's no problem using it. It's a specialty of Mazera, near here."
"Ah? Ah, this is like soap after all. Hmm, thank you..."
I'd like to thank you. Then, I thought that he had still asked me something, and then I remembered that he had asked me where I was from.
“Huh, yeah, I guess it’s called Elzark Kingdom, but I came from the countryside there…I thought this was an amazing city, and it was my first time coming here.”
I'm sure you're probably thinking that I don't know how to use mud soap, so I'll make an excuse.
"I see, Elzark is bothering me. That being said, please enjoy your stay. Also, shouldn't there be an explanation for that mud soap so that people from outside can understand it? Let's improve it next time. Reference. Thank you for becoming me.”
"N-no, you're welcome..."
Although he probably won't be thanking you, he seems like a nice guy. Don't feel even more defeated.
"Ah, you're a local, right?"
Thanks to that, I ended up using a strange tone.
"Please excuse the honorifics, there are no royalty or slaves here. You can call me Al, I'm 19 years old. From what I see, you're around the same age, right?"
It was a pinpoint year.
"Ah, I'm Shiro, and I'm also 19."
"I guess so. What a coincidence. Nice to meet you, Shiro."
After he said that, I realized that since I entered the bathhouse, I couldn't see the status of other people. There's no doubt that there's some sort of hidden barrier set up in this facility.
It may be a security issue since you are literally naked and defenseless.
Speaking of security, I noticed that there were two older men with big physiques a little far away, and they had been glancing at me for a while now. I can't even see their status.
Al seemed to want to ask people from other countries about their impressions of Remulus, and was asked a lot of questions. It was quite one-sided, but he was skillful in getting people to talk and didn't make me feel bad about it, and I think I was able to talk to a degree that surprised even myself.
I guess this is one of Al's talents...Dekisugi-kun.
"What, is Shiro an adventurer? His job is, well, an alchemist. His physique is impeccable, and his martial arts are quite impressive."
Al looked at my arms and fingers, and said with a more serious look than before.
"What kind of work does Al do? Are you in the same industry as he is so knowledgeable about?"
"Hmm, ah... that's right, I'm like an adventurer too... no, I'm an adventurer, yeah."
It was a vague reply, but since we were both adventurers, we had a lot of conversation after that.
However, as soon as I mentioned Garis's story about the demon without thinking too much about it as an adventure story, Al's complexion changed.
“Is that true?”
"...Is there one?"
I was surprised by the strange tone, and Al panicked.
"N-no, uh...it's a rule here that you don't tell or ask about your status. Please stop trying to butt in. Besides... it's not something you can do in a place like this."
Then, Al lowered his voice a little and whispered in my ear.
No, just because he's a good-looking guy doesn't mean he has that kind of hobby.
"Shiro, would you please come to the adventurer's guild tomorrow at dusk when the bell rings? I would like to hear the story in detail. Thank you very much."
Then, Al glanced at the rugged men. They seem kind of annoyed. It doesn't feel good.
Al understood that, shook his head, and stood up.
"I'm sorry, I was careless about something a little off-putting. If you're going to eat at the cafeteria later, I recommend the Pechel pork cutlets."
He was like a tourism ambassador.
Not only is he handsome, but he's also kind, which makes him even more of the opposite of me. In that sense, it's dangerous in many ways, so I have to be careful not to let my girls meet...
We washed off the dirt from our trip in a public bath and felt refreshed, and were very satisfied with the Pechel pork cutlets that were recommended to us, and were more delicious than we had imagined.
“I didn’t know there was such a specialty.”
Lucien, who had been to Remurus before, was also impressed.
After returning to the "Gladiator's Peace Pavilion", Carmilla and Nolte fell asleep as they spread out the map of the imperial capital they had obtained and talked about their plans for sightseeing until late. Ta. It's healthy.
And Eva is subtly pretending to be asleep? It seems like it is.
"Well, it's me today..."
said Lucien, shyly glancing at him.
"It seems like you still care."
He whispered into my ear.
"I think it's hard for you to say something like that because you're worried about the fact that you did that kind of work, so I hope you'll take care of yourself. You might also be worried about the fact that you're the only one who isn't asked for anything."・”
It's about Eva. At times like this, Lucien has the personality of an older sister... or rather, the personality of a female teacher.
I felt Eva's back move slightly, but I don't think she had any hell ear skills.
"Yeah···"
"Then, that's it...I wish I had an HP recovery skill too."
Suddenly, Lucien narrowed his eyes.
No, you can leave Lucien as is.
Comments
Post a Comment