207 Counterfeiter
"Uh... ugh... It hurts..."
The man groaned and opened his eyes, his expression distorted. It was probably because the pain pierced through his body. Although I put strength into my limbs, I was still forced to lie down. Moreover, his body was in pain and he was unable to move.
"Are you awake?"
The man looked in the direction where he heard the voice. There is Elmer, the leader of the group. Elmer was also hardened with earth magic and rolled around. Seeing that figure, the man seemed to understand what kind of appearance he was being carried around with.
"Are you okay?..."
"It's hard to say that he's safe. This is the state he is in. He can't use magic. His head and jaw hurt. It's a little hard to talk, but somehow he's alive."
Ermar with a bandage on the head smiles bitterly.
"Magic... that's..."
"Speak lower. You never know who might be listening."
When Elmer lowered his tone, the man looked surprised and was busy scanning his surroundings. where you are. situation.
It's an unfamiliar mansion, and I notice that it has quite an impressive interior. Only the man and Elmer are around. There's no one else.
"What kind of situation is this...?"
"I don't know. Probably, but this is a room in Count Gartner's residence. There were other people there, too, but it seems like they're taking them out one by one. I don't know if they're being interrogated or being transported... ...I don't know why, but... things were exposed, we were defeated, and we are here now."
The man looked a little thoughtful at Elmer's words, and then said.
"Ah, that's right! That guy from Vail...! Isn't he the one who betrayed me!?"
"It was probably just manipulated by some kind of magic. I don't know about magic, but I guess there is something like that. The enemy was better at it. That's all."
The man's eyes widened at those words. Then take a deep breath and say.
“…What will happen to us from now on?”
"There's no hope for rescue. The people who had pinned him up at the outhouse have also set up a trap and are being attacked. The reason he was taking Godwin with him was so that when he was discovered, he would claim he was there for ransom. I have no choice but to swallow my heart and accept my punishment.''
Hearing Elmer's words, the man looked depressed and laughed weakly.
"I can't believe those two misread the timing..."
“It must have been a good opportunity to decide that it was possible for two people to go. If you miss it, there will be no next time. If that’s the case, then there wasn’t enough manpower.… I misunderstood. ”
"That's not true..."
"If things went well...or maybe we would have achieved our goal."
“Are you reclaiming Patricia’s magic…?”
As soon as the man said that, the expression disappeared from Elmer's face.
“Mr. Elmer?”
Without answering the suspicious man's question, Elmer stood up normally, acting nonchalant.
The man is speechless. The stone coffin in which Elmer was supposed to have been tied up was as empty as a piece of paper, and was simply covered with a lid. He could move whenever he felt like it.
Why? Was it possible to break the bondage because the magical seal was broken?
Are these the questions and hopes that men have? The answer to those questions was an unexpected change for Elmer.
“Hi!?”
From the face. From your hands. The color fades. The shapes of her eyes, nose, and mouth became vague, and her hair seemed to be sucked back into her scalp. In a short amount of time, Elmer had transformed into something translucent. In other words - the true form of the doppelganger.
Then the door to the room opens. The man looked at me as I entered and his eyes widened.
“Thank you for your hard work, Ambrum.”
Ambrum puts his hands on his hips, bows, and leaves the room. Same with Caduceus. I am listening to the current exchange, even if it is in a whisper.
Apparently, Ambrum can't speak unless it's in human form because it doesn't have vocal cords. Even in human form, she's not that good at responding, so if you want her to speak in detail other than the predetermined response, Rosemary will need to control her directly.
It seems that Rosemary's stronger attacks on those around her were also a part of her strategy to keep her distance from the servants to prevent the Kagemusha from becoming raging.
And that's what happens when you control it directly.
“W-what is that!?”
"There's no need to talk. Just to be safe, we're just checking the answers for confirmation. You're not the only one who leaked information, so there's no need to be particularly worried."
The man finally realized that he was on board and started moving his mouth. It's like he doesn't have any words.
This is quicker than preparing various things like magical inquisitions and magic potions. Rosemary seemed to be putting a lot of effort into controlling Ambrum in response to my proposal, hoping that it would at least make amends for her father.
Anyway, I heard what I needed to hear. Use Sleep Cloud to make him unconscious again, then use Levitation to carry him to the entrance hall.
“Is this the last time?”
Claudia asks.
There, the packaged kidnappers were piled up like luggage. The situation is that everyone is waiting by the side.
"Yes. It seems that the Term Wills side is ready to accept it, so please help me."
"Yeah. Leave it to me."
A magic circle of teleportation magic spread out from Claudia's feet, and they were properly shipped to Term Wills. The only thing left behind was Godwin, who had a blue face.
This guy doesn't seem to be able to use magic, and his connection with them is weak. Since it is slave magic and there is no need to restrict the use of magic, it is a matter that should be left to father.
When the former servant Godwin tries to manage the criminal for the money, he will publicly promote it publicly and play a role in checking it tightly so that there will be no continuation.
"It's a misunderstanding, sir! ...Te, Theodore, and the boy too! I-I was just told that I could get paid if I showed around the earl's territory...!"
When my father and I looked at Godwin, he said that with a twitching smile.
...I need some guidance.
“I heard you were accosted when you were complaining at a bar?”
When I said this, Godwin began to tremble.
We have received multiple testimonies from them. Godwin apparently hated his father for letting him quit so easily even though he had been working there for many years. Even so, Godwin was essentially a spy for the Marquis family, and he was pretending to betray the Earl family, so it was probably his own fault.
It seems that while I was drunk and complaining with resentment, those people who were gathering information caught my eye and asked me to help them steal the earl's treasure.
However, the method was kidnapping. And--the purpose wasn't the treasure, Patricia--it was probably Mom's magic ceremony. Apparently, the two of them set it up there because they thought they could kidnap both Dad and Kathryn at the same time.
He said that if his father took the safety of Cassin's body as a shield, he could encourage his father's confession. It wouldn't be a chance to be able to kidnap with two people at night without making the crime stand out at night.
Well, Godwin probably didn't know about it, but even so...he leaked the inner workings of the earl's family to them, wandered around the area because he knew each other, and even if he was seen, he came to ask for rehiring. It seems that he was working on a strategy to make you think that.
Although no information was given... there is no doubt that he was actively complicit with them.
"I've been hearing a lot of stories from the next room. It's a shame, Godwin."
"No, that's not true! I was! I was just fooled by those guys!"
When his father let out a sigh, Godwin's eyes widened and he began to make excuses, but he couldn't bear to listen to them. He was carried away by the soldiers while screaming.
"Patricia, huh... You mean Silvatoria..."
Dad frowns and puts his hand on his forehead. ah……. I'm tired.
Well, it can't be helped since it keeps happening.
"--I guess your mother didn't want to get involved in her situation."
"...That's... It's about Lisa. I'm sure that's the case."
I narrow my eyes and smile bitterly. ...Come to think of it, I couldn't tell my father earlier.
“I forgot to mention something earlier, but your father said that he was sweet, right?”
"Hmm"
"Mom said that was kind."
That's what I like about it.
Dad's eyes widened a little, then he gave a gentle smile.
"Thank you, Theo."
Say that. Dad quietly closes his eyes.
“A lot has happened since I arrived, but I’m looking forward to the banquet tomorrow.”
"That's right. That should go as planned."
I guess we'll talk about Rosemary later.
"Then we'll go back to my mother's house. Let's start over tomorrow."
"Hmm. See you tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it."
By then, we need to sort out what we learned from their testimony and put it together properly. Grace and the others were smiling as they interacted with their father, but when I looked at them and nodded, they nodded back with serious expressions.
Comments
Post a Comment