203, Discussion and movements of the nobility
After dinner, everyone finally calmed down.
"So, Leon, what are you talking about? Is it about the magic you've been using for a while that I don't understand?"
"Yes. There are six attributes in this world, right? But I also have other magic that I can use. It's called a space attribute, but there's a magic called a barrier that prevents attacks, and a large amount of magic called an item box. I can use magic that allows me to take things out and put them away at any time, and magic that allows me to move in an instant.''
"...That's right. I'm not surprised about Leon's magic anymore. Being able to use that magic won't cause any harm to Leon's body, right?"
"Yeah. That's okay."
"That's fine."
I felt like crying when I heard my mother's words. I'm glad that you're worried about me and not my strength.
"...Thank you. I wanted to tell everyone. I'm sorry for adding to the number of things I can't talk about. I want you to keep this a secret as well..."
"It's okay. Isn't it tough having to deal with Leon all by yourself? Tell us anything. It's sadder if it's hidden."
"That's right. You can talk to your father about anything."
"...Yeah. Thank you!"
After hearing those words from the two of them, a smile naturally appeared on my face. My mother and father also smile gently at me.
I'm really happy.
"Does that mean you can use magic that others can't?"
"That's right."
“Big brother is amazing!”
"Thank you Marie. But don't tell anyone else what I just said. If you do, your family will be in danger. I told you before that you shouldn't tell them that your brother can use all magic. But it’s the same thing.”
"Yeah! Of course I know!!"
When I told Marie that, she nodded a little proudly, as if she understood.
Marie is already eight years old, so she's probably starting to understand the story. Marie has grown up too...
“Marie is great.”
When I said that and gently stroked Marie's head, she smiled happily.
Yes, it's cute.
“Marcel-san, please keep this a secret too.”
“Of course.”
"Thank you. ...So, here's the main topic. Next time I'm going to test my magic in the duke's backyard. I want everyone to join in."
When I said that while looking around at everyone, my mother and father immediately looked impatient.
Up until now, he had hardly shown any signs of being upset, but it would be a different story if he were to go to the duke's house.
“Leon, are your fathers going to the duke’s mansion?”
"Yeah. The next day of recovery is the day for the test, so I'll stay overnight at the duke's house the day before, and the test will be done the next day. I guess I'll stay there that day and go back the next day. Marcel-san is also planning on doing that. please"
“I-I definitely have to go?”
"Hmm, not absolutely, but I would like you to come if possible. It seems that Richard-sama once wanted to invite my family to his mansion. Ah, Richard-sama was the former head of the Duke's family, and is now the Prime Minister. Yo"
“Sai-sho-sama?”
"Isn't the prime minister the second most important person in the country? It may not be the same, but he is a great person who works together with the king."
When I said that, the two of them turned pale and started to tremble a little.
"You don't have to worry too much! They're really good people. I can trust them all. I'll continue to take care of them, and I thought it would be a good idea for everyone to meet once..."
“H-really?”
"of course!"
"I-I see. If Leon says so, then it's okay."
“Fathers will do their best too.”
Seeing my situation, the two of them relaxed their shoulders a little and nodded timidly.
"Thank you both! Can Marie come to the Duke's mansion too?"
“That’s where your brother lives, right?”
"That's right."
"I wanted to go! Of course I'll go!"
“Is that so? Thank you Marie.…Can Marcel come too?”
I ask, turning my body towards Marcel-san.
"I don't really feel like going to the Duke's mansion, but I guess I can't avoid it from now on. I'll go too."
"Really!? Thank you."
“It’s okay.”
"Then, the Duke's carriage will come to pick you up this Saturday, so please ride in it. Everyone please ride in it too."
"I-I understand."
"T-It's Saturday."
"Yeah! Thank you everyone."
There's nothing I forgot to tell you...Oh, I didn't give you the barrier magic item.
"Everyone, will you please keep this on your body at all times? This is the barrier magic tool I explained earlier. If something happens, if you pull the iron rod, the barrier will activate and protect everyone."
I take out the barrier magic tool from the item box and give it to everyone.
“Is it really that great?”
"It's okay. I made it."
“Brother, are you going to pull here?”
"That's right. If Marie is about to do something to a bad person or if she thinks she's in danger, she backs off."
"I understand!"
Marie answered cheerfully and happily put on the necklace. Yeah, it's cute. It suits you.
“Marcel-san, please keep it on too.”
"Oh, Leon, how does this work?"
Marcel-san seems to be very interested in the mechanism of this magic tool. Her eyes are shining. As expected of Marcel.
"Let's talk about that later. It's already late today."
"That's certainly true. Well then, I guess it's time for me to go home."
When Marcel said that and got up from his chair, Marie grabbed his hand.
“Grandpa Marcel, are you coming home?”
"It's already late. I have to go home."
"Aren't you going to stay the night again?"
Wow, Marcel even stayed at my house! ?
“Marcel-san, have you ever stayed there?”
“Ah, Marie-chan stopped me.”
Marcel said that and his face fell.
"What..."
"Marcel-san, it's already late tonight, so would you like to stay the night? All I can do is spread a cloth on the floor..."
"I see? Then, I'll take your word for it."
“Grandpa Marcel, will you stay the night?”
"Oh, I will."
"Well done! Well then, let's talk more! That's right, I have some beautiful leaves that I picked up in the forest the other day. I'll show them to you!"
The conversation progressed without me, and it was decided that Marcel would be staying at our house. Marie is overjoyed by this fact and leads Marcel's hand to the wooden box containing her belongings.
I feel like Marcel took Marie away from me. Or rather, isn't Marcel more familiar with my parents' home than I am? ?
It can't be like this. Now that I can use teleportation, I'll be coming home more often!
That night at my parents' house, I became too desperate to compete with Marcel and get Marie's attention.
The next morning, my magical power recovered, I delivered Marcel-san home and returned to the duke's house.
And after dinner on the day we returned to the duke's house.
I told Richard that his entire family and Marcel would be participating.
"Yes, that's good. I'm looking forward to meeting Leon's family."
"Yes. However, my family has no manners at all, so I hope you will forgive me for that."
"Ah, you don't have to worry about that. We'll carefully select the servants, so don't worry about it."
"thank you"
it was good. There's nothing to worry about now. All that's left to do is wait for the day to come.
Relieved, I drank some tea and took a breather, when Richard-sama's expression suddenly became serious.
“Leon-kun, I would like to talk to you about the changes caused by disseminating information about the monster forest to commoners. Is that okay?”
"...Yes. I would like to ask you about that."
I need to listen to this carefully.
"That would have been good. First of all, there is the confusion among the commoners, but it seems that this is not that bad. First of all, there are a certain number of people who don't believe in it. Furthermore, the content gives them a sense of security by showing that they can stand up to each other if they work together. These two things probably helped avoid causing confusion.From now on, we plan to disclose information regularly so that people will know that it is true and cooperate with us.''
It's similar to what my mother said. It's safe to say that this went pretty well.
“Also, as I said before about the aristocrats, those idiots who only care about their own personal interests without paying any attention to the current situation in the monster forest are no good. They are causing chaos in the country. There was even a nobleman who started making incomprehensible nonsense, saying that he was plotting to destroy it!
Ri-Richard-sama, you must be quite angry... This is the first time I've seen Richard so angry. I was so annoyed.
Well, those nobles are really, really stupid. It's so stupid that all I can do is sigh in exasperation.
“However, it may not have been ineffective because some of the enemy noble houses that had not believed in it until now have changed their opinion.It seems like they will continue to wait and see as their allies have decreased.”
"I see. It would be nice if there were even a few houses like that."
“I will continue to appeal to the nobles, but those foolish nobles will not believe unless a monster approaches them right in front of them.For now, the country's policy is to avoid civil war. We have decided to continue with our current policy of suppressing the threat behind the scenes and doing our best to deal with the monster forest.''
That's certainly the best. There are people in this world who can't communicate. No matter what I say, I can't get through, and I can't understand the other person's point. It's too troublesome for such a person to have power as a noble.
"There's not much I can do, but if there's anything I can do to help, please let me know."
"Ah, I'm counting on you. Thank you."
"I got it"
Comments
Post a Comment