My Reincarnation Skills Are “Playing With Dolls” and “Playing With Clay”, but What Am I Supposed to Do With These? C216
Episode 216: Labyrinth of Ostera
"You look pale, but are you okay to enter the labyrinth?"
"Shiro-san, it's best not to rely too much on your HP recovery skill...it won't eliminate your fatigue and loss of concentration, right?"
I've been scolded since morning.
In the end, I got absorbed in making a prototype homunculus that could fly using my clay skills, and before I knew it, it was already dawn...
“Are you worried?”
"...Yeah, sorry."
There's a bad guy here. I was the one who told you to enter the labyrinth starting today.
"Well, it's fine as long as you're reflecting on it. Today is just a shallow confirmation of our cooperation. So...were you able to come up with something you're satisfied with?"
Thank you for listening.
Take out the work from the ``save'' clay skill, which is not a four-dimensional pocket.
"Takecopter♪...No, look at this. It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a super bird! Do you feel that way?"
"""...""""
Huh? The reaction is weak.
“Well, I thought I heard something about making a bird homunculus before I went to sleep, but I guess I was wrong.”
picture? Lucien, what are you talking about?
"...Is this a mouse or a bat?"
"I'm not sure, but what is it?...Ah, that's it. There's an animal called a flying squirrel, right?"
Norte...even Eva...no matter how you look at it, it's a bird.
“Master, can I eat this?”
Wow, Carmilla, thank you for your promise.
Just like before, I was hugging my knees in the corner of the room, and everyone comforted me with innocent faces, which made me hurt even more...
“Well, everyone has their ups and downs, so cheer up.”
"The face is very cute, and I think it's okay to have an original creature..."
No, what's important is that you can fly.
It's true that this guy can fly.
"Go, Pi*chu!"
Patapatapatapata...
"""!!"""
Oh, everyone looked at me with admiration and respect! This is it, this is the dignity of the master and the confidence of a man.
"You did it, Shiro."
"Yeah, the material is heavy and it's impossible to just flap the wings, so we're stuffing them with 'wind element' pills and using magic, but I think they'll be able to keep flying for a while."
"That's amazing, master."
Say more.
"Let's try flying through the labyrinth. Ah, what's your name?"
After Eva told me, I realized that I hadn't given it a name yet. When you “name” something, your ability usually increases, so it’s important.
"Yeah, well, a name that sounds like a bird..."
``It's 'rejected'''
Other than Carmilla, the only ones singing in chorus are Yamere.
"Oh, what's your name..."
When I tried to give it a random name, Nolte and Eva gave me a sideways look.
“If I had to say it, it’s a bat.”
"Huh? No, no, it's probably Momonga, if I had to choose."
Hey.
"Komori, hmm...?"
"Individual name <Comorin>...Registered Shimashita"
What?
As soon as Carmilla murmured next to the flying homunculus, that Vocaloid-like voice echoed, and the homunculus's small body shone brightly.
"Squeaky..."
I wonder if this guy is making that kind of cry? He did it again. When will I be able to name it the way I want?
However, it would have been better if the bat and the flying squirrel didn't turn into Koumon or something...
Also, the flying squirrel squeaking and rubbing its body against Carmilla and me? When I saw it, I was wondering if it was okay.
Anyway, I've made a friend who can fly.
***********************
"...There are 5 of us, I believe. 7 silver coins for the entrance fee and keeping the horse."
The labyrinth of Ostera was over 10km away from the city, so I headed there by horse on the first day.
The entrance to the labyrinth was located in a place that looked like a crevice in the mountain rock, far away from the Liherin River and up a steep slope.
The area around the entrance seems to have been developed by the lord, probably to support both the dungeon capture and business, and in addition to the soldiers' quarters, there are simple lodgings where you can take a nap and several shops.
There is also a stable for adventurers, and if you leave them there, they will provide you with water and fodder, and each horse will cost you 4 copper coins per day.
I paid the labyrinth entrance registration fee, one silver coin per person, and since it was my first time, I obediently entered from the first floor on foot.
This labyrinth is currently up to the 15th floor, and if you pay money, the wizard who is right next to the entrance will use a teleportation spell to fly you to your desired floor.
However, since Lina is now adept at teleportation, she can jump to the floors she has already traversed next time.
On floors that have already been conquered, there are few other adventurers and monsters rarely appear, so I walk at a normal speed, although I am cautious.
Carmilla and the clay dog Wang are in the front, Nolte and Lina in magic warrior mode are in the second row, Eva and I are in the third row, and Lucien and the new clay dog Can are in the back row.
The ceiling is still too low for Comorin to fly, so I'll leave it off for a while.
Eva is now wearing leather armor like everyone else, and carries a spear as a weapon. Nolte wears a phosphorescent glass bottle made by Menachem around his neck for illumination.
If that's all you do, you can barely see what's under your feet, so when it's necessary, I'll throw out the "thunder element" flares, so we split up the roles.
However, the walls in the deep parts of the labyrinth covered with worm secretions emit light, so lighting is not often necessary.
To begin with, Lucien, Eva, and Carmilla don't have much of a problem even in the dark.
In the end, without encountering a single monster on the first floor, I entered the shell of the first worm, grabbed onto the rope, and descended to the second floor.
"Zero is rare..."
As Lucien said, perhaps there are more adventurers than I expected.
However, around halfway through the second floor, the first sign of a monster was detected.
"Ogre, there are 5 or 6 of them, but 2 are the strongest."
"It's about 300,000 steps away...I noticed that he's running towards me, so be careful."
"That's amazing, both of you..."
Carmilla at the front and Lucien at the back always have a high level of enemy searching ability, but Eva is also calm.
Immediately change Lina to monk mode and have everyone apply battle support buffs.
After I made the clay golem Taro appear, I plated the surface of everyone's leather armor with "gold element" to strengthen it.
Ogres don't seem to have any special attributes, so there's probably no need to add attributes to your weapons.
The red dot reflected on the map skill is shared with the party.
Because the cave is gently undulating, it is impossible to see through it in a straight line.
After 200 steps, Lucien's bow rang, as if the first auger appeared from the curve.
"One eye"
Along with the voice, the first red dot stops. I mean, it shot right through the eye, at this distance.
Finally, I could see what appeared to be a human figure in the dimly lit depths.
“My throat collapsed.”
On the second shot, one red dot disappears. Looks like he killed one.
Lina's chant was completed, and a mass of flame that was not narrowed down flew away.
It's not meant to be a fatal injury, it's mainly to hold you back.
A large stone, or rather, a rock, flew from the other side.
Carmilla has already disappeared into hiding. Nolte, who came out first, stopped raising his magic crab shield and made a clay wall appear. It doesn't seem like a shield can stop it, and it's actually dangerous.
The rock was deformed by sinking into the clay wall, but somehow it stopped there.
As if that was a signal, the monster rushed forward.
There were four ogres holding clubs, and one larger one behind them was holding something like a long spear.
<Ogre LV9> <Ogre LV8>...<Ogre Lord LV12>!
Isn't the level too high for a second floor?
Blinded, I harden the lightning elements in space with my magical power and send them flying one after another.
When something shining like lightning comes flying at you, you try to block it or avoid it.
Then, just as the speed slowed down, Lucien's arrow and Lina's fire magic flew.
The two bodies kneel down.
The big guy behind me picked up a rock from the ground and threw it at me again. Everyone crouches under the clay wall.
There was a thud, and the rock that broke through fell beneath my feet. Isn't it because the distance has gotten so close that it's not killing its power? Take out another thick layer of clay.
At that moment, a scream was heard from behind the ogres, and a large red dot disappeared.
“Now.”
Carmilla succeeded in sneaking up on him and killed Ogre Lord from behind.
Lina's magic and Lucien's arrows hit the ogres who turned their backs even though they were floating.
It seems like there are no more projectiles on the other side, so I absorb the clay wall to recover my MP and prepare a fireball.
Eva and Nolte, accompanied by Wang and Can, run with the momentum to overtake Taro in the lead.
It took less than a minute to mop up the ogre, which was in a state of confusion because it was sandwiched between Carmilla and the man behind it.
"...I think the level is high for a second floor."
Lucien said exactly what I was thinking.
"That's right, let's be a little more careful from here."
I decided not to store Taro and let him walk in front with Wang. However, Carmilla secretly accompanies him.
It was only after conquering the fourth floor that I vaguely understood the reason for the strangely high enemy levels.
As the cave expanded, I sent out the flying homunculus Comorin to scout and found a four-story cave where the wall had collapsed. There was a deep hole extending deep inside, resembling an ogre's nest.
Apparently, the guys I encountered on the second and third floors came from here.
The labyrinth of this world is a hole dug by a giant labyrinth worm. The shell left behind by the worm, which sheds its skin once a year, becomes the home of a monster called the ``lord of the floor,'' and it is covered with a barrier that prevents you from going to the next floor unless you conquer it.
When you defeat the floor owner, the barrier will break and a cave-in will occur in the ground, allowing you to descend to the floor below through the hole.
And since this cave has already reached the 15th floor, the barrier of the labyrinth worm where the "lord of the floor" lives has disappeared up to that point, and it is connected to other floors.
Even so, we still need to use ropes to get to the upper and lower floors through the sinkhole, but wouldn't the big ogre be able to climb up?
"Maybe there are more adventurers because there are no other adventurers in the shallow layers..."
As Nolte said, it seems that experienced adventurers often enter from the 5th or 10th floor using teleportation magic, so maybe these 3rd and 4th floors are a blind spot.
After hitting a large amount of fire magic into the nest of the auger, the entrance of the hole was closed with clay, and it was cleared up with a "steamed baked oxygen attack".
I used up a lot of MP there, so I returned after reaching the 6th floor that day.
After the 5th floor, the ogres disappeared and monsters and plant-type monsters became the main focus, so there is no doubt that the ones that appeared on the 2nd and 3rd floors were the ones that came up from the 4th floor. Probably.
The inside of the labyrinth was small and there weren't many scenes where Comorin could be useful, but I found out that Can and Comorin can also be used properly.
If you talk to them and give them specific instructions, they will gradually become smarter, so try to help them as much as possible.
***********************
In this way, for the four days until our meeting day, we entered the labyrinth and fought in the morning, and in the afternoon we spent time doing laundry, studying letters, alchemy, and making medicine.
The town itself is small and sightseeing and shopping ended quickly.
Thanks to entering the labyrinth every day, we have progressed to the 11th floor, and communication and cooperation among the party has become smoother.
And then, Eva rose to <Prostitute LV10>.
"...Finally, we're here. Thank you, Shiro-san and everyone."
Of course, becoming a LV10 prostitute was not what I wanted. However, in this world's system, you will be able to change jobs from LV10.
There were faint tears in Eva's eyes that she had never shown before.
"There was a temple in this town too."
"Yes, that's the row of the lord's mansions."
Ostera is a remote town with a population of about 10,000 people, but perhaps that is precisely why it has become a place of refuge for those who wish for safe travels.
There was a rather splendid temple that looked like Gothic architecture.
We reincarnated people can choose the content of our job change while we sleep, but it seems that the original people of this world are different.
``If you give charity at the temple, tell them about your desired livelihood, and offer a heartfelt prayer.When you wake up the next morning, the gods will give you a new livelihood.Although it doesn't always turn out the way you hoped. , because that is destiny.”
According to Lucien's explanation, it seems like it's a game-changer or something that relies on the gods.
“Eva, is there a job you want to do?”
"Well...I have dreams that I wish I could come true, but other than that, I wish I could escape from my current situation and be an adventurer with you all."
It seemed like they were afraid to say it out loud, so no one asked any more.
“The gods will bless you with mercy and blessings for your generosity...Please come in here if you are the only one.”
After giving charity in the main shrine, where many statues of gods were lined up, and praying for everyone's health and good fortune, Eva was led to the inner room.
The side of his face looked very nervous and thoughtful.
That night, no one mentioned the job change, and everyone went to bed early, as celibate as a monk.
Comments
Post a Comment