Boundary Labyrinth and the Foreign Magician. C210


210 Summer Lake

"It's a beautiful lake."



The lake's surface sparkles in the sunlight, reflecting the blue of the sky and the green of the forest like a mirror. Claudia said with admiration. 



“It’s really beautiful!”



Seraphina said happily as she jumped out, flying just above the surface of the lake, kicking the surface of the water, and soaring up. 



Early in the morning, we all cooked food and went out to the lake. It's close to my mother's house, and although it's not that big, it's a highly transparent lake. 

Small flowers were blooming on the green carpet on the shore of the lake, making it an idyllic scene. 

A pier extends from the shore, and you can set up there and fish at a leisurely pace. I've fished here before, but I don't remember ever swimming there. When he gets a little older, I'll teach him how to swim...I think that's what his mother said. 



“We have not only bento boxes, but also baked goods and drinks.”

"I'll make sure you have something to eat whenever you're hungry."



Grace and Irmhild are happily preparing lunch and snacks by spreading out a cloth on the pier and placing a basket on it. 



"Let's all have dinner in a little while. Let's go for a quick swim until then."

"That's right. I'll go after I line these up."



That's what Grace, who was wearing a swimsuit, smiled. Her clear white skin and golden hair shine in the sunlight. 

...As usual, let's set up a dark magic defensive field in the sky to avoid getting sunburned. There's also the magic of underwater breathing. 

This area is the same as when I went to the beach last year. I'm planning to go swimming again this year, so I've brought a swimsuit made from water spider silk. I'm also planning to head to the Magical Water Vein, so it wouldn't hurt to learn how to swim... though. Well, it's a feast for the eyes, or what can I say. There are places where I have trouble focusing my eyes. 



"I want to play after lunch, so I guess I'll go swimming until then."



Once the preparations were complete, Irmhild released her human form, took off the cloth she had tied around her waist, and stepped into the water. They swim by twisting their tails, and their speed is quite fast. It looks like she's having a lot of fun with Seraphina on her shoulder. 



“I also prepared a fishing rod.”



Sheila shows me her fishing rod. 



"You can catch a lot of fish. In addition to fish, there are also river shrimp."

"Can I eat it?"

“If it goes through the fire.”

"Hmm. After we swim a little, we'll go fishing on the other side of the pier."



His expression is the same as usual, but he seems to be in high spirits. Although she is dressed in a swimsuit. 



"It's cold and feels good."



Ashley slowly gets her feet used to the water from the pier, and when she enters the lake, she lies on her back on the surface of the lake, looks up at the sky, and then quietly closes her eyes. 

The silver hair spread out over the lake, making it quite a fantastic sight. 



"I see Ashley can swim now too."

“Grace-sama taught me this before, and the bathroom is now bigger… so I practiced a little bit when I was alone.”



Ashley's cheeks turned red and she smiled a little shyly. I see. I guess I was secretly practicing. 



"I've also gotten pretty good at moving around using water currents."



Then, using magic, he moved as if gliding on the water. 



“As expected.”



It's just that he has a high aptitude for water magic. He laughed shyly at my words. 



"What about everyone? Can you swim?"



After Ashley went around the area and came back, she asked the people on the pier. 

Marlene shook her head after meeting her gaze, but since she was under the spell of underwater breathing, she went into the water with Lavigne without being too afraid. While holding on to Lavigne's waist as she scratched the dog, I also moved my limbs and floated on the surface of the lake. 

Marlene was wearing a light blue one-piece swimsuit. It's a quiet design, but I think it suits Marlene, who has an impression of being more innocent than neat. 



“I can swim a little, so I can teach Marlene how to swim, though.”



Claudia, who was wearing a cloth over her shoulders, was blushing. Claudia seemed to be overcome by the embarrassment of showing her skin, but... 



"Hmm...that's right. Theodore is my fiancé."



I said, hesitantly removing the cloth. black swimsuit. It matches Claudia's hair color well. It has frills and is a relatively modest design, but it is a two-piece dress. Apparently, there wasn't a dress that fit her size, and Claudia didn't want to expose too much of herself. Well...a swimsuit made from water spider silk is also a valuable item. 



Claudia enters the water with a slight blush on her cheeks. I swam closer to Marlene, thinking that my embarrassment would be reduced by half once I got into the water. I'm pretty good at swimming. 



“You can breathe underwater, so why not learn how to swim?”



Marlene happily nods at Claudia's offer. I separated from Lavigne and started swimming practice with Claudia leading me by the hand. I think Grace taught Ashley last year. 



"Where did Claudia learn to swim?"

"It's in the depths of the magical water vein. I guess that's where I said it was for the comfort of the mute. The water in that place is beautiful..."



I see. Claudia won't be attacked by the monsters in the labyrinth. From that point of view, the Magic Water Vein has quite a fantastical beauty, and it might be a good place to swim. 



But Rosemary was wearing a straw hat, a bikini-type swimsuit, and a pareo around her waist. 



"I can't swim."



, he says quite honestly. The style is also good, so it looks dignified...or maybe not. Well, if you can use magic, you can do Levitation, underwater breathing, and walking on water... It's certainly not something you need to learn. Marlene also has a blessing, so she'll probably be able to deal with Falling Water. 



“But you should try new things.”



To prevent the straw hat from flying away, I placed it in the basket by the brim, and it grabbed onto the edge of the pier as it entered the water. 



"If you can slide like that with water magic... then yes. If you just want to float, you can use wind magic."



With that said, I manipulated the magic of water and wind, using a strong and elastic sphere of bubbles to grab onto it and float. It feels just like grabbing a beach ball. I'm trying to move it, but it doesn't seem to be going well. 



``If you relax, you'll float in the water.Use your hips to move your legs from your thighs, and use the tops and soles of your feet to brush the water.Feeling the resistance of the water means you can kick the water.'' Because it means I’m here-”



It's the basics of flapping feet. I'll try showing it off with a crawl. 

Marlene, who was listening next to me, also nodded with a serious look on her face. There are many other things you need to be aware of in order to swim fast, but as long as you can do them to a certain extent, you'll be fine. 



"Theo's swimming style is beautiful."



It's what is commonly called a modern swimming style on the Earth side. 



"Hmm. I guess this is it."



Rosemary also flopped around, still holding on to the ball of wind. Is everything going more smoothly than before? 



"I caught a crab, not a shrimp."



Sheila emerges from the bottom of the lake and holds up a crab in both hands. 



"Can I eat this crab?"

"If it's cooked properly."



There's a magic to underwater breathing, and walking underwater seems fun. 

When I went to the beach last year...did I slip on the water? 



Ah, I got an idea. Are you going to try something different this year? 



"may i help you?"



Grace asked me when I got out of the water. 



"No. I just had an idea."



We'll remove it after we're done playing, so there won't be any issues with the scenery. 

Next to the pier. Use magic architecture to create a slide from a slightly shallow place. If you make it into a half-pipe and make it curve, make the surface smooth like marble, and use water magic to pump up water from the lake surface... Yeah. Looks like it'll work. 



"Go up the stairs and slide from here..."



Try skating. It flows through the pipe due to the force of the water. There were some places where it felt like it was going to be blown away by centrifugal force, but by making small adjustments while sliding, the water slide was completed, albeit a little shorter. At the end, we made it fly slightly upwards, so it would fly lightly at the end and then land in the lake. 

 ……Yeah. It's a pretty good result. 



“You make something interesting.”



Everyone came up to the pier and skated down one by one, looking curious. They seem to be having a lot of fun with it, which is a great thing. 



“Is it okay for the two of you to skate together?”



Sheila asks from above the slider. It looks like he's planning on skating with Irmhild. 



"There aren't any sharp parts. Even if it were to be thrown outward, it would still fall into the lake, so I think it's safe."

"I'll try it."



Irmhild stuck behind Sheila and crawled on her belly. If you use the humanization technique, you'll probably be able to skate normally. 

Seeing this, Ashley and Marlene smile at each other and skate together. The two are close, perhaps because they are close in age. 



"It would be interesting to work in pairs. Marie, would you like to join us?"

“If Claudia-sama says so.”



It looks like Claudia is skating with Rosemary. Rosemary follows behind Claudia, and the two of them skate together. 



When I headed up to try skating again, it was Grace's turn. 



"Theo, how about joining us?"

“Me too!”



Grace smiles and climbs onto Seraphina's shoulders. Well...this flow is like that. You'll be skating with everyone once. 



"...Hmm. Nice to meet you."



I'll be in the lead. With Grace at the back, it becomes a gliding shape. I shouldn't think too deeply about Grace's hand touching my shoulder and all that. It spins around inside the slider and is thrown into the air as Seraphina laughs happily. After a feeling of floating, the three of us landed on the water. 

Claudia, who was watching this, turned red. 



"I-I...uh...ah, that's fine later.Would you like the two of you to go first?"



Ashley and Marlene, who were handed over, smile and nod. Marlene, myself, and Ashley were sandwiched between the two of us, and the three of us skated together again. Yeah. 

When I was thrown off the slide and floated to the surface, Marlene showed me a carefree smile. 



“Claudia-sama, please.”

“Eh, yeah.”

“What order should we take?”

"...I-I'll be first."



After such an exchange, I skated with Claudia. Claudia kept her body small from beginning to end. 

Well, up until that point, it was business as usual. 

When I came to the surface, as a result of the discussion among the women, Seraphina was the first to go with me, so it was suggested that Sheila, Irmhild, and Rosemary should also skate with me. 



"you know"

"We think that's fine."



If you look around, everyone seems to agree, but... it's a mystery. Would it be better if I didn't refuse? 



"go"

"Hehe. It's fun, but it's kind of bad."



Sandwiched between Sheila and Irmhild. The density of the skin tones is so high that I feel like my thoughts are gradually becoming paralyzed. Since Irmhild will be crawling on her stomach, she will have to lean against him. 



"You're having a lot of trouble, too."



Rosemary smiles happily while covering her mouth. Next I was first. The problem is that it sticks close to me every time I land on the water. It feels like a lot of things have been removed. Let's cool down a little in the water. 







--I swam a lot and played a lot. 

After finishing a slightly late lunch, we all lay down on the pier. The sunlight, moderately weakened by dark magic, warms my slightly cold body as I swim. 

Sheila is fishing. Irmhild is playing and everyone is basking in the sun. Caduceus, Ouroboros, and Chimeracoat also seem to be relaxing in a sunny place. 



Whether it's the magic that attracts the fish, the fishing results are good. Irmhild says that she learned from Justia. 

Lavigne also collects shrimp and crabs from the lake and throws them into the bucket. Today's dinner will be all fish, shrimp, and crab. 



"--The sky is beautiful."

"That's right."



Grace, lying upside down, smiles at me. 

Summer clouds in the blue sky. What you can hear is the sound of Irmhild's lute and her clear singing voice. The voices of insects make you feel nostalgic. 



It was a calm and relaxing time, like going back in time. It was so comfortable that when I closed my eyes, I was able to sleep comfortably thanks to the warmth. 

Comments