211 Return to Termwills
"Good morning, father."
"Hmm, good morning."
After getting plenty of rest and replenishing my energy, I headed to the Earl's mansion in the morning to build an underground evacuation passage.
“Where should I start creating the underground passage? Should I start from the study?”
“Basically…?”
“Well, I would say it’s beautiful in style.”
It's close to my bedroom. Modify the door to make it a little stronger so it can be barricaded.
Float the bookshelf using Levitation and incorporate it into a twist. Forms a staircase leading from the back space to the basement. Create a passageway.
This is something I'm already used to, and it's a simple task of turning the earth and sand into golems, transporting them out, and solidifying the passageway to ensure its strength.
However, although it is possible to evacuate in an emergency, the earl's residence and villa must normally be separated. I'll probably need to work on that.
Therefore, we created an evacuation room on the earl's residence side and an evacuation room on the villa side adjacent to each other.
By creating a door with a lock that connects two evacuation rooms, three types of communication passageway, evacuation room, and bulkhead can be established at the same time.
"There is one problem. If we were to be attacked, even if we escaped from the study or villa to the evacuation passage, there is a possibility that the intruder would detect the existence of the hidden passage as there are no other entrances and exits."
"Hmm. That's true."
“So, we will create a device that will trap intruders in a hidden passageway.”
If there is a pursuer, make a turn so you can cut their line of sight. Then, just around the corner, they create a hidden door with a twist that leads to the evacuation room.
Then, around the corner - at the end of the passage, a fake evacuation room was formed in the most visible place.
“Evacuation rooms are locked from the inside after escaping.On the other hand, the dimensions of the fake room are such that even if the door can be opened from the outside, it cannot be exited from the inside without the key. That’s good.”
"……I see"
Dad seems a little taken aback. It's true that there aren't many opportunities to receive explanations while constructing magic in real time.
As for the evacuation room, should I make a small room that can be used as a toilet so that I can hide for a while? Since it's for emergencies, the toilet is simply made by digging a small vertical hole.
“We are going to build a similar underground passage from the villa, but it would be difficult if we were trapped in a fake room, so please explain this to your wife and Daryl.”
"Hmm. We'll definitely do that. We'll also need to keep non-perishable food and clothes in the evacuation room."
“If you want to change clothes, it might be useful to have something that can disguise you as a servant or citizen.Since there is no water here, I think you will also need a magic tool to create water.”
"I'm sure. I'll make arrangements."
I think the only people who use this place are my father, Kathryn, and Darryl. After that, if we install alarm systems in both the earl's residence and the villa, wouldn't it be quite effective in terms of crime prevention?
Complete the passageway and evacuation room as is, and check around to see if there are any defects or strength issues.
"Looks like it's okay. Well then, I'm sorry for being so busy, but I'm heading back. There's also some cleaning to do before I leave."
"Okay. Then I'll head to the forest later. I'll go see you off."
"Yes. See you later."
I nodded to my father, promised to meet him later, and then resigned from the Earl's residence.
After finishing lunch, my father came over as I was preparing to head home, so I decided to visit my mother's grave one more time before heading home.
We all prayed silently at the grave, then turned to my father and Harold and Cynthia, who had come to see us off.
“Are you leaving already?”
"That's right. I'll be staying in the Barony of Shirun, and I'm worried about him being away."
When I answered that, my father smiled wryly, looking a little sad.
"I guess you're busy."
"That's probably true of your father as well. Please take care of yourself."
"Hmm"
"Well then, Mr. Henry."
Everyone, including Grace, greeted their father and then boarded the dragon cage.
"Thank you, Harold and Cynthia, too. Next time - maybe I'll come again in the winter."
"Yes. Lord Theodore."
"I'll be waiting for you."
The two gravekeepers bowed deeply.
"Lindblum"
When you call out, a dragon cage appears. Waving from the window of the cage.
As the altitude gradually increased, its appearance became smaller.
"It's been a long time, everyone."
"Long time no see, Mr. Kennel."
Kennel, the steward of Baron Shirn's house, greets us as we get down from the dragon cage.
Before returning to Terwills, I had planned to stop by the Barony of Shirn just like before.
“Grandfather, I’m glad you seem to be doing well.”
"Ashley-sama, her face is getting better and better."
Kennel narrows his eyes as if looking at something bright.
"I wanted to stop by before heading back to Termwills."
I came here to say hello because it's between the earldom and Terwills, but this time I had another purpose.
“Is that the example item?”
"Yes. The details are as I told you over the communicator."
In Ashley's hands is a potted evilweed plant. Instead of a harvester, I brought a pot of another specimen from Term Wills. This is to have the kennel take a look at the actual product.
"Hmm. Let me take a look."
After receiving the potted plant, Kennel strokes the docile Evilweed and observes it from various angles.
If you plan on using evilweed in the future, the sooner you root it, the better. The kennel has been informed of the general details via communication, but seeing is believing.
"I see...this is certainly a tame thing.When I was young, I was bitten by this guy many times while working in the fields..."
"If you grow them from seeds using water magic, they seem to get used to humans. We are currently conducting experiments on growing crops using evilweed."
Kennel nods, impressed by Ashley's words.
"Oh no. Evilweed has been hated for a long time, but...I wonder if it will become the guardian of our crops."
"I'm hoping for that too. I think we'll see the results in early fall."
Kennel smiled gently and nodded.
Well then. Judging from the communication between Ashley and Kennel, it seems that the Barony of Shirn is generally peaceful... but I'm going to make an underground passage and an evacuation room here just in case. He's the type of person who says you can never be sad if you're prepared.
"--Coexistence with friendly monsters?"
Verine from the Adventurer's Guild, Barony of Shirn branch was also invited to the dinner table.
Ashley and I are engaged, and considering the future, I don't think the Barony of Shirn will be unrelated to the policies I'm advocating. You need to have a thorough conversation.
The reason I brought the potted evilweed plant was also to explain the reasoning behind it in an easy-to-understand manner.
"I see. The Kingdom of Verdogar is also working with such a policy. I'm not too worried about the adventurer's guild though."
"Indeed...The story of an adventurer who drowns at sea and falls in love after being rescued by a siren is popular among them."
Verine smiles bitterly.
"Did you mean that the monster's temperament becomes calm depending on the environment? Judging by the evil weed, it seems to be correct."
"That's right. I thought it would be quicker to show you an example than to repeat words. Besides, she's also a Lamia."
When I introduce Irmhild, Kennel and Verine's eyes turn to Irmhild.
"Thank you for introducing me. I'm Irmhild from Lamia."
Irmhild looked a little embarrassed and awed, then bowed with a shy smile. Kennel and Verine widened their eyes in surprise, perhaps because they weren't expecting it.
"Hmm. Maybe I should unlock the humanization technique?"
She tilts her head and looks at me and Ashley.
"That's right. It would probably be faster if you asked your grandfather to take a look."
After receiving permission from the head of the family, Irmhild moved away from the table a little and released the human transformation technique.
"This... surprised me. I see. She's certainly... a gentle young lady."
"There are many things you won't understand unless you actually experience it."
"That's something I'm keenly aware of now that I have more opportunities to talk to adventurers."
At that, Kennel smiled bitterly.
"Well, if you don't mind, I'd like to listen to a song."
Irmhild seems to want to take out his lute and start playing. Well, that's right. If you're trying to get people to understand you, that's probably the quickest and most confident thing for her.
"That's...interesting."
"surely"
Verine laughs happily, and Kennel nods with a serious look on his face. Of course it's Kennel, but it might be Verine's first time meeting Lamia as well.
"Well then..."
Irmhild smiles and begins to play.
A simple tone and a clear singing voice. The two of them immediately listened intently, captivated by the sound. Yeah. It's a very good feeling.
There were some troubles in the earldom, but things are going well in the barony.
Comments
Post a Comment