I Was Reincarnated as a Commoner. I Can’t Stand Living Like This, so I’ll Become an Aristocrat! C207


207, the first ducal family

After finishing sightseeing in the city center, we are heading to the Duke's house by horse-drawn carriage. 

Mom and Dad seem to be getting quite nervous as the Duke's family approaches, and they haven't talked much since a while ago, and their faces look a little pale. Marie was also told to behave better from now on, so she was trying her best to straighten her posture with a sharper look on her face than usual. Yeah, it's cute. 

Marcel-san also seems quite nervous. 



Marcel, who is a semi-noble, is nervous, so the ducal family is amazing. It's like my second home now, so I don't get nervous at all, and when I look at everyone, I realize once again how great the Duke's family is. 

After a while, we arrived at the duke's house, swaying in a strangely tense carriage. 

When I got off the carriage, I saw Richard-sama, Catherine-sama, and Lucien followed by many servants. 



Richard-sama is usually not home at this time, but he came home early today. I guess that's why they prepared to welcome the guests. 

I'm really grateful that you're welcoming my family as your official guests, but...Richard-sama, you're going a bit too far! The whole family is already pale. 



"Lord Roncoli, Leon's mother, father, and sister. Welcome. My name is Richard Townsend, former head of the Duke Townsend family. I apologize for the delay in greeting you. This is me. 's wife, Catherine, and this is his grandson, Lucien. 

"This is Catherine Townsend, Richard's wife."

"My name is Lucien Townsend."



 Wow, you look very aristocratic. And above all, Richard uses honorific language. I guess it's because they were guests, but when they heard that, their faces became even more pale and they were completely deflated. 

I told Richard-sama that I would like to ask him casually... Maybe this will still make you feel a bit more broken than usual? If that's the case, your understanding is too different. 



"My name is Jean, and I'm Leon's father."

"My name is Roana, Leon's mother."

"It's Marie."



My father managed to squeeze his voice out and greet me in a polite manner, and my mother followed suit. Even Marie, who is usually full of energy, seems to be overwhelmed by the atmosphere and has no energy. 



"Then why don't we just stand here and talk, so please come into the mansion right away. I'm sure you're tired from the long journey in the carriage. We have each prepared a guest room for you, so please relax in there first."



When Richard-sama said that, four servants stepped forward. 



"This is the servant in charge of everyone. If you have any questions, please contact the person in charge. We will do our best to accommodate you."



And with those words as a signal, the four of them bowed their heads in unison. 



"Thank you very much."

“Okay, everyone, please come inside.”



Mr. Richard said that and started walking inside, so we followed him. My mother and father were walking with a jerky motion, so much so that their arms and legs were moving forward at the same time. On the other hand, when Marie entered the entrance, her eyes lit up at the luxury, and her nervousness from earlier seemed to have gone somewhere. 



"Wow, that's amazing! It's spacious, shiny, and fluffy!"



Marie said that excitedly, looking around happily. I try not to shout or run, but my voice echoes in the entrance hall as if I'm about to start running. 

Well, I guess that can't be helped. I thought so with a wry smile, but mom and dad apparently didn't think so. 

The two of them grabbed Marie's shoulder and pulled her towards her, and covered her mouth with their other hand. And I'm saying it in a whisper. 



"Marie, you can't talk here. Be quiet."

"Marie, it's natural not to run, but it's also not good to jump up and down or look around."



Seeing the desperate state of the two of them, Marie nodded frantically, even though she didn't really understand. 

 You don't have to worry about it that much. But it's true that other aristocratic families don't have to worry about it that much...I thought so and was a little unsure of how to address everyone, when Richard-sama spoke first. 



"Leon-kun's parents, there's no need to worry too much. It's best for a child to be energetic."

"That's right. Did you say Marie? Do you like this house?"



Richard-sama looked back at them and said that to the two of them, and Catherine-sama asked while smiling kindly at Marie. 

If you're saying it's okay for the two of you to do so...let's say it's okay to be a little more relaxed here. The possibility of everyone going to other noble houses is quite low. 

I came to that conclusion and opened my mouth to reassure everyone. 



"Mom, Dad, Richard-sama and Catherine-sama have said so, so it's okay to relax a little more. Marie, as long as she doesn't make a loud noise or run around, we can talk normally."

"Really?"

"of course"

“I got it!!”

“Then, let me reply to Catherine-sama.”

"Yes! Catherine, this house is so wonderful!"



Marie nodded happily, then approached Lady Catherine and began talking with her with a smile. Catherine-sama also seems happy, so I guess it's okay. 

Mom and Dad are still a bit stubborn, but I guess it's okay for them to let go of Marie for now. 



Although it was awkward, I somehow managed to walk through the mansion and reach the guest room. It seems like the guest room will be the one near my room. Marie was in the room next to mine, and my mother was next to her. It looks like my father is across from me and Marcel is next to him. 



"Then please rest here. Let's talk again at dinner."



Richard-sama and his friends called out to us and quickly left. They were probably paying attention to me because everyone seemed to be quite nervous. thank you. 



“Le-Leon, are you going to use such a large room by yourself?”



Dad apparently asked a servant to open the door to his room and looked inside, then returned to the hallway with a pale face. 



"Leon, what should we do? Mom is so nervous she can't stop shaking. There's no way she can get a good rest!"

"Big brother, are you using such a large room all by yourself? It's a little lonely..."



Mother and Marie said the same thing and came back to me. Marcel-san still seemed calmer than everyone else, and was led into the room by a servant. 



What should I do...? Even if everyone went into their respective rooms, they would probably just be nervous and not rest at all. 

 In that case, I'd like you to come to my room for now. 



“Roger, what are your plans after this?”

"Yes. After this, we will have everyone take a bath in preparation for the dinner party. After taking a bath, we will ask you to put your clothes back on, and let us dry and set your hair." After that, please wait until your scheduled time, and then we will take you to the dinner table."

"I guess we don't have much time anymore?"

"Well...I have plenty of time for about 30 minutes."



Thirty minutes? So I guess I'll use that time to get everyone to calm down a little more. 



"Then, for now, we'll all go into my room, so can you prepare some tea? We'll take a little break and then get ready. Only Roger will go into my room, and everyone else will stay in their own rooms." Can you help me get ready for the rest of the day?”



When I said that, all the servants assigned to my family bowed and went into their respective rooms, and Roger opened the door to my room. 



"Okay, everyone. Please come inside."

"Everyone, this is my room, so there's no need to be nervous. For now, let's all take a break together. You're nervous about being alone all of a sudden, aren't you?"

"I appreciate that..."

"Ah, one person was really scary..."

"My brother's room!"

"Then come inside. Marie, let's sit on the couch over there."

"Yeah!"



Then, the four of us entered the room, and Roger left the room to prepare tea, so it was just the four of us in the room. It seems like the tension between mom and dad finally subsided there. 

He is sitting on the sofa looking more relaxed than before. 



"Is everyone okay? We have to get ready in our respective rooms in 30 minutes..."

"That's right. I was able to rest here for once, so it's better than before."

"Dad too. I guess I was able to relax a little for now."

"That's fine. Just leave the preparations to the servants and you'll be fine."

"Okay."

``After this, Marie will listen to the servants more often.''

"Yeah!!"



When I said that, Marie nodded cheerfully with an innocent smile on her face. For the time being, I'm glad that Marie seems to be doing well. 

Comments