I Was Transported to Another World, but I Negotiated and Persuaded Both the Goddess and the Demon King. C223


Episode 223: Responsibility as a lord! 

The morning after visiting the orphanage, while eating breakfast, Fran receives an urgent call. 

Fran asked me to accompany her, so we headed to the orphanage together. 

In front of the orphanage, there were Leroy, Nina, Mike, and a guard who seemed to be an escort. 



"...What happened?"



I don't understand the situation. 



Leroy probably guessed from my expression and explained it to me. 

Leroy, who learned about the orphanage from me yesterday, immediately had his vassals and other related parties investigate the orphanage's situation and subsidies, and since it was clear that there was a budget shortage, he personally apologized as the lord. It seems that he came to

It seems that he visited the orphanage first thing in the morning, thinking that he needed to apologize as soon as possible. 



“Is it okay for the lord to just go out?”

"It's okay! The guards came with us."

"Well, I hope you're okay. So?"



When Saji and Sasha got too nervous and asked Fran for help, it seems like they turned to me. 

I can understand the feeling of not knowing what to do if you suddenly opened the door and the lord was there. 



“There’s no need to talk standing up, so let’s talk inside the orphanage!”

"I-I can't believe you let such a lord into such a dirty house..."

"Don't worry about it, it's Leroy's fault that this is the case!"

"...Tact is tough. Indeed, there is nothing to say in response."



Saji and Sasha's movements were so awkward that I thought they might die from stress. 





Upon entering the orphanage, the children greet Leroy, the lord. 

Leroy apologizes before being led to the room and sitting down. 



“As the lord, I am very sorry for not knowing about this situation.”



When Leroy lowered his head, Nina did the same. 

Saji and Sasha immediately tell him to raise his head. 



When I looked up, I saw the facility in more pain than I expected and said I was sorry over and over again. 

Every time that happens, Saji and Sasha are in an endless loop of trying to stop it. 



“Your business is about grants, right?”



I couldn't bear it anymore and started talking. 



"Yes, we will double the amount of the grant. And we will also repair the facility."

“…That’s such a waste!”

"No, this orphanage is something that Sieg's territory should normally be running, but we asked them to run it. As a result, it is like Sieg's territory is running it, albeit indirectly. Saji-dono. It can be inferred that Sasha-dono uses her own assets to pay for her children's food.''



As expected of Leroy. 

Saji and Sasha's clothes are more tattered than the children's. 



“Even though it’s called repair, wouldn’t it be faster to rebuild?”

"Well, I'll have to consult with the vendor about that..."

“What do you think about the lives of the children while the repairs are being done?”

"...until then."



Leroy was at a loss for words after hearing my question. 



"Well, I don't think the lord Leroy will think about it that much. Shouldn't he leave it to his vassals?"

"That's true, but it makes me feel incompetent."

“I’ll give you land that used to be a slum, so listen to Saji and Sasha’s opinions and build it!”

"However, the territory's budget for purchasing land is..."

"I said I'd provide it to you! It's fine if it's free."

"If it's free, there's no way I'm going to get the land that Takuto bought..."

“Are there any other good ideas? Don’t worry about it!”

"……but"

"If you have any other ideas, just go with them. Just don't do things that will cause problems for the children because of the adults' convenience!"

"I understand. I promise."

“Isn’t that okay for Saji and Sasha as well?”

"Eh! Yes"

“Also, do you have enough clothes for the children?”



They both looked down apologetically. 



"Is it okay to finish Leroy's business?"

“Yes, I will be right back to deal with it.”

“Please!”



The entire facility greets Leroy on his return. 

When Leroy's carriage was out of sight, I asked Saji and Sasha in a low voice. 



“Do you have any plans after this?”

“No, especially cleaning.”

"I understand. I'll leave it to you after Fran!"

"Eh! What?"



Towards the children,



"Listen carefully! I'm going to make clothes for you guys now! Three pieces per person. Ask this guy for details!"





When I brought Fran forward, it seemed like she finally understood. 

The children are happy, and Saji and Sasha are in a panic. 



"Why did something like this happen..."

"My clothes are in tatters, so I just need new ones."

"but……"

"Don't worry, I'll pay for it! Saji and Sasha will also be in third place!"

“It’s for us!”

“Of course!”



Previously, when I asked Toggle to make clothes for Zack and Tyler, also known as the Onijin Twins, I mentioned that normally they make them larger than usual due to their growth, but Zack and Tyler made clothes that are easy to move in, like adventurers. I remember him saying that he wouldn't be able to wear it any time soon. 

This orphanage has probably continued to make clothes that are larger in size so that the children can wear them from generation to generation. 

I can't understand why something so obvious as being able to wear whatever clothes I like can't be done here. 



"Wait here for a moment."



I will enter the orphanage and apply [purification]. 

The inside of the room was cleaned thoroughly. 



"Enough!"



Call everyone. 

I look inside the house all the time, and I'm surprised at how clean it is. 

The person who was most surprised was Saji. 



"What happened?"

"I just cleaned up a bit. Didn't you say cleaning was your plan after this?"

"Yes, but..."



I tell Fran that since I'm ordering so much from the tailor at once, I should make it cheaper. 

If he seems reluctant, I'll ask him to explain that he's going to another store and that ``Yotsuba Shokai'' is involved. 

I handed a large amount of money to Fran, who nodded. 



When I was about to return from the orphanage, I received a call from Marie. 



"what up?"

"Even before the store opens, there's a crowd of people in front of the store!"

“Is this an article about dowsers?”

"I can't think of anything else!"



...It's more than I expected. 



“Does it seem like something will work out?”

"...I'm not contacting you because I don't think anything will happen!"



That's certainly true. 

I just said yesterday that Marie alone could solve the problem... 



“Please leave a sign at the entrance stating that we cannot answer questions about the Lundenburg family as it is a top secret matter.”

"I understand. If you ask me, I will give you verbal instructions."

“Yes, please!”

"...Tact"

"Hmm? What is it?"

"No, it's nothing."



Marie said that and hung up. 



I somehow understood the last words he was trying to say. 

I knew that yesterday's incident had an effect on me, so I thought I was being a sloppy person as well. 



Considering Marie's work style, perhaps he already knew from the time he invited her that he would leave the store to her. 

Comments