Episode 189 Unexpected
The unexpected is inevitable in war.
“But, I guess this is a bit of a problem…”
A report has been sent from the front lines fighting the attacking Pequeeno and Cavallo countries.
When I saw that, I was puzzled.
Perhaps seeing my suspicious appearance, Honneth, who was working on paperwork next to me, called out to me.
"Senpai. Are you really looking like you'll lose this war?"
"No. The reinforcements sent out by the Nonette country are doing a good job, inflicting damage on the other side and maintaining the front line..."
The advance troops extracted from the Roccia region were allocated to the areas where the Pequeno Country would attack.
This was done in order to counter the magic tools made by the empire, since the country of Pekeeno is located closer to the empire and is likely to have magic tools made by the empire.
This policy is true, and although there have been many armed conflicts, reports say there has been no major damage.
So, what's the problem?
“The advance troops we sent out are small in number, so it will be difficult to hold the entire front unless we rely on the forces of Perese.”
“If you are worried about that, then it means that the army of Perese is weak.”
"More than I expected."
They buy time by locking themselves up in forts and field castles built at key points and wait for reinforcements from the Nonette country. That was the strategy.
However, siege warfare is actually a tactic that is more mentally taxing than physical.
He spends his days pushing back against the approaching enemy forces in a narrow base, and with his body and mind exhausted from battle, he continues to witness the sight of his companions and arrows running out of food. Many people end up becoming mentally ill because they are cornered in such a situation that appears to be dwindling.
Preventative measures to prevent soldiers trapped in a castle from getting sick include encouraging them with a speech from the commander, ensuring they have a surplus of supplies by bringing in supplies from the rear, and giving them hope that reinforcements will definitely come and defeat the enemy. to have.
Yes, it is written in many military books.
I was planning to organize and send out a second group of supplies and reinforcements according to the military book, and be careful not to drop the morale of the front lines.
“The fact that we failed to gather information about Perese country is what is holding us back here.”
“What kind of information is it?”
"In recent years, the Perese country has been losing wars to the Pequeno country. And it also means that it attacked the Kavalo country and captured its territory a long time ago."
It was because of this historical background that the borders of Perese country were distorted.
``Since we have been losing to the Pequeeno country, the soldiers of the Perese country have a resigned atmosphere, thinking, ``We can't win anyway,'' and their morale is low and they are running away.On the other hand, the Pequeno country has been winning against us, so we can win again this time. Morale is high.”
“The Kavalo country is also excited about the opportunity to regain the land it lost long ago.”
Honneth's opinion is a big hit.
The army of the Perese country has low morale, compared to the invading armies from two countries with high morale.
There is also the premise that the side sieging in a siege battle must have high morale.
“So, when the armies of the Pequeno and Kavalo countries come rushing in, they can hold out for a day or two, but if it gets longer than that, it seems like there are many soldiers who will abandon their forts and castles and run away.”
"There won't be enough people, and we won't be able to protect them."
``If a fort or part of a castle falls, then you have to lower your front line. Even if the advance troops are defending other forts, if you don't lower them to match the battle line, you'll end up being isolated among the enemy. That’s okay.”
In this way, the front line continues to be pushed down, and more than half of the country of Perese has been invaded.
“Is that okay?”
"It's not okay, but the width of the front has shrunk, and our second group of reinforcements will arrive soon. It shouldn't fall any further."
The first group was in charge of the Pequeno Country area and was able to maintain the front line. If the second group comes to assist the Cavallo country, the front line will no longer collapse.
When I told him about that prediction, Honneth tilted his head and looked puzzled.
“If the soldiers of the Nonette country are holding the front lines, then there is no point in the existence of the Perese country, right?”
"Honestly, I think the Nonette country's involvement in this war has no purpose other than a good cause.In fact, when you think about what will happen after the war, it's nothing but a burden."
"Why?"
“I said earlier that the battle line has reached more than half of Perese country.Then, how much of the fields that were just sown in half of the area that became the battlefield remain intact?”
"I'm sure it's being trampled by the army."
"So, I'm sure there will be requests for food aid once the war is over."
I feel like I'm going to have a headache thinking about future expenses that wouldn't have been necessary if the front had remained in its original position.
"Let's think about the future in terms of the future"
Even if you worry about it now, you won't even gain a penny.
Just as I was about to change my mood, a messenger came.
"Prince Milimos. A report from the front line has arrived."
I looked down at the paper handed to me and held my head again.
"The king of Perese will command on the front lines..."
A messenger came along with a report to my unintentionally mumbled words.
``As the battle line approached the capital of Perese, the king of Perese was of the opinion that it should not be lowered any further.''
"They do extra things. If you're bad at moving the advance troops of Nonette country, you won't be able to protect what you can protect."
When promising reinforcements, the Nonette country was placed at the top of the chain of command.
However, the highest rank in the advance troops currently being sent is a thousand-man captain. Although he has a high enough rank to command 500 troops, he is not in a position to give his opinion to the king of Perese.
If the Nonette country doesn't send someone in a high position, command of the army will fall to the king of the Perese country.
"Tch. Either General Durva will go, or I'll leave."
Click your tongue and think about which one is better.
General Durva is currently in charge of the construction of the tunnel that connects the Perese and Nonette countries. Once it has been completely renovated, I will command the reinforcements I have in reserve and enter Perese Country.
And I was working as a feudal lord in the Rocha region. However, the plan to gather supplies and soldiers from all over Nonette country has already been made, and there is no problem in leaving the detailed coordination to the civilian officials in the Rocha region. In case of an emergency, Honneth has a system in place to help.
In other words, compared to General Durva, who has an important task ahead of him, I'm currently in a situation where I'm almost at a disadvantage.
In that case, I have no choice but to leave. If we use the sacred technique of the one-horse race, we should be able to join them soon after the second group of reinforcements arrives.
"Hones. I'm getting ready to leave."
"Welcome, Senpai. I look forward to your early return."
Honest's voice sounded like he was seeing off a person going shopping.
Feeling lightened by the casualness, I smile, get up from my chair, and leave the office.
“Honess also told me so, and we need to end the war as soon as possible.”
After muttering in a casual tone to convince myself that it wasn't a big deal, I decided to start preparing to go to the battlefield.
Comments
Post a Comment