My Reincarnation Skills Are “Playing With Dolls” and “Playing With Clay”, but What Am I Supposed to Do With These? C220
Episode 220 Werewolf siblings
After traveling east on the old highway for about an hour, we veered off the highway and started heading south on a bumpy road that was barely a hair on the animal track.
The destination is another settler village.
Unlike Klaukov, which is located along the old highway, this village called Sumy is located in the mountains, a little further off the highway, and is said to be much smaller.
Originally, if the investigation had gone smoothly, we were supposed to arrive at the place by today evening, but now that the investigation has been cancelled, we will be the only ones visiting. If you just go straight on horseback without doing a detailed investigation, it won't take long.
Soon, the road turned uphill and narrow, and I thought it would be hard to climb if it was a wagon, and I looked up and saw several shacks on the hillside.
It seems like that.
There are several clusters of log houses lined up side by side that cling to the hill.
That corner was still a burnt ruin. This village must have been attacked too. According to Willem and the others, this village is probably closer to where the dragon came from.
Considering that, it seems like the damage was less than Klaukov, but maybe the terrain is steep and it's difficult for the dragon's huge body to land on it, or maybe it's hidden in the shadows of the mountains and doesn't stand out.
I can't see any people, but my detection skills indicate the presence of dozens of people. Even with my map skill, there was a white spot of light inside the house, so I guess there was no obvious malicious intent.
And even though it was midday, I noticed one or two rays of what looked like smoke rising up. Of course, the house is not on fire right now.
"Hey, stop right there."
As we rode on, a voice called out to us.
It seems there was also a guard hut to keep it inconspicuous.
When we told them that we were adventurers participating in the guild's research mission, the guard asked us to follow him and led us to the largest of the log houses, which could be described as a wooden house. I went.
It seems to be the house of the village chief, or rather, the representative of the village.
“So, the guys from the guild gave up and pulled out?”
The man who called himself Vojtni did not hide his disappointment.
I understand how you feel.
I'd be disappointed if the adventurers I was expecting were told that they were being attacked by a giant fire-breathing dragon, but no further action was taken, and they withdrew.
Occasional stops by merchants passing through the old highway would have been a major means for these pioneer villages to obtain daily necessities and things that they could not provide for themselves, and not only has that trade route been cut off, but they may be attacked again at any time. I don't know. There is a possibility that they will all be killed.
"I didn't expect that, but it's really a dragon."
"But you don't seem too surprised?"
``I never thought about the devastation of the burnt hut and the fact that it seemed like it was attacked from the air.''
Boitoni has a well-trained body for an ordinary villager, and gives the impression that he has a strong heart. When I asked him about it, he told me that he was originally a soldier. Apparently, he seriously injured another soldier in an illegal fight, and was punished and discharged from the army.
``When I was young, I was quite mischievous.However, after I was forced to quit the military, I worked in a mine and was apprenticed at a steel factory, and worked diligently.Then, my master told me that it was time for me to become a full-fledged man. That's why I came to the settlement thinking I could win a pile...''
I wonder what the context is, that he was working seriously when he said, "Let's hit the jackpot."
<Boitoni human male 43 years old warrior LV11>
His job is still a warrior, but he has skills such as "mining" and "metallurgy (LV3)." “Metallurgy” was owned by Thomas Geraldson.
It seems that regardless of the job, if you gain a certain amount of practical experience, you can acquire the relevant skills. The same goes for “cooking.”
"Huh? Then, this is it."
This village is located in the mountains, far from convenient highways, and I was concerned about the faint smoke rising from it earlier.
"Oh, I'm mining iron. Three years ago, I hit a pile."
Is the real charlatan a success...
It seems like he and his friends walked around the mountainous areas where iron ore could be found, dug around, and finally found an iron ore mine.
It seems that these guys are digging ore here and doing something like tatara iron making to make iron. Here, there is only enough to eat in the fields, so they produce iron and sell it to peddlers, or transport it to Kraukov and another pioneer village to barter.
Apparently that smoke comes from a workshop where iron is extracted using a tatara.
There is also a mine shaft nearby, and out of the 15 households that existed until recently, more than 10 are miners, and Vojtni, the leader, is said to be in charge of running the tatara field and smelting.
There were also charcoal burners who made the charcoal needed for iron making, hunters who hunted for food in the surrounding area and protected the village from dangerous beasts, and blacksmiths.
“The other day, one of the three houses burned down by that dragon or that was a blacksmith shop, and now we can't even get weapons or mining tools without risking our lives to Klaukov.”
If possible, can you help Boitoni with your help? That's what he said, but he seemed to be aware that he was saying something absurd, so he didn't mean it seriously.
It would be impossible for a single party to exterminate that dragon.
Besides, our main objective is peaceful contact with a pack of werewolves.
When I asked if anyone had seen any werewolves around here, I received some pretty promising information.
``A few days ago, there was a story about a hunter (not me) who went out to shoot birds and saw a half-naked young woman in the mountains and called out to her, but she disappeared without saying a word. Everyone laughed at me, thinking that I must have seen a vision due to Mee's wish..."
Boitoni didn't seem to know about the werewolf race in the first place, so I'm glad he at least hasn't gotten into trouble with the humans of this village.
We met the hunter named Paveu and asked him where he had seen the woman, and after that, we were given a tour of the Tataraba and mines, mainly for Nolte who was very curious, and then we left the village of Soumi.
However, I decided to leave the horse in the village and ask Boitoni for it.
The direction I asked Paweu was completely in the mountains, and I didn't think it would be possible to go there by horse.
One family had a small horse-drawn carriage used to transport iron and other items, and an elderly couple knew how to handle horses, so they asked them to take care of it.
In exchange, I filled a water bottle with magic so that she wouldn't have to go fetch water for a few days, and she was very happy.
The mountain trails were more rugged than I expected, but it seems that dragons only attack at night, so being able to look for werewolves without being too afraid is helpful.
On the way, Carmilla, who was in the lead, stopped and fell to the ground.
enemy? That's not it. Is it the smell?
"I found it. It's a werewolf, no doubt about it. And this smell..."
Suddenly, Carmilla got on all fours and picked up her pace.
"Carmilla-chan, wait. It's too early."
Nolte, who is quick but has a short stride, hurriedly called out to me, and although he slowed down a little, he continued to rush ahead without looking back.
I wonder if I miss my own kind that much.
After a while, I too could sense the presence. It doesn't look like an enemy.
Soon, several white dots appeared on the map skill. Yeah, they're not enemies.
But a white dot is coming towards me!
It was sudden.
A gray shadow came flying from the top of the hill, and I instinctively put my hand on the sword at my waist.
It pounced on Carmilla, piling on top of her, and they rolled around on the ground together.
But Carmilla... isn't panicking. man?
“Carmilla!”
It still sounds like a boy's voice. But even though he's a child, I'm the only man who can straddle Carmilla.
As soon as she thought that, Carmilla suddenly switched bodies and was riding the man.
"Kamuru, you're safe!"
The man tried to pull Carmilla down again, but he gave up and relaxed his body while lying on the ground, lifting his chin and exposing his neck to Carmilla. It seems like it's a signal to surrender.
Then they started licking each other's bodies.
Okay, I'm the only one who can lick Carmilla, so you little guy, just be friendly.
Then, Carmilla was shocked and, while still riding the horse, punched him and said something.
"Kamuru, you haven't gotten much stronger. Carmilla is stronger. Mother is sad."
What, power is justice?
But then he turned to me and said.
"This is Kamuru, Carmilla's younger brother. He's alive."
A touching reunion scene between siblings who were separated by life? It seems it was...
Comments
Post a Comment